It is of paramount importance to us that we continue to provide the warm and friendly welcome to all of our guests, as has been experienced by so many visitors since our family business was first established in 1969. We have taken robust measures to move forward, in a covid safe manner, to ensure the wellbeing of our guests and staff during these challenging times.
Following the onset of the pandemic we have and will continue to monitor the advice from Public Health Wales, the UK government and the World Health Organisation and will ensure our staff remain up to date with all of the latest guidance and advice. Our priority is the safety and welfare of our guests and our staff, and our policies will reflect our commitment to this.
Cleanliness and hygiene have always been of the utmost importance at Caer Llan, in response to the Coronavirus we have taken additional measures to make our protocols even more rigorous. There are detailed risk assessments which are available on request which aim to highlight the necessary measures that we have adopted to control the spread of the virus by minimising the risk of infection from Coronavirus for all staff and visitors
Our main strategy for reducing Covid-19 risks at Caer Llan is set out below:
- Please do not come to Caer Llan if you have any of the Coronavirus symptoms or suspect that you may have come into contact with the virus.
- Any medical support required during your visit will be provided in line with current government regulations.
- Sorry - no dogs currently allowed.
- Hand sanitiser stations are available at key areas including entrances and exits to the toilets, all entrances to the building and dining areas and all staff areas.
- Regular hand washing signage is located in toilets and staff areas.
- We will welcome guests on arrival and provide information about the new safety measures that are in place.
- Staff numbers are reduced due to the restricted capacity of their work areas and we would therefore appreciate your patience if delays occur.
- All staff have been reminded to report any health issues before travelling to work and to stay at home if they or anyone in their household has CV symptoms.
- All staff have been trained with new procedures regarding Covid 19, such as the importance of frequent hand washing, working in smaller teams, social distancing, and use of face coverings where appropriate.
- We ask that all guests respect the 2m current social distancing regulations as stipulated by the Welsh government
- Clear signage is displayed at the venue at strategic locations as a reminder.
- Guest capacity has been reduced to allow social distancing to be more easily achieved.
- Our policy of pre-booked guests only, allows us to control capacity.
- Music sound levels are restricted to quiet background so as to avoid close up conversations.
- Staggered arrival times for guests to avoid queues.
- We have 3 easily accessible ground floor unisex toilets one of which is suitable for wheelchairs
- All tables are 2m+ socially distanced from each other.
- Our front of house team will wear visors in order to provide our food and drink services to guests.
- QR code for customer scanning to access menus and drinks options.
- Single use printed menus available on request.
- Card payments at the table with mobile PDQ (no cash).
- No smoking in all restaurant areas including outside dining space.
- Our already robust cleaning schedule has been adapted to allow for more frequent cleaning in both front and back of house areas. Particular emphasis will be applied to touch zones such as handles, locks, taps, switches, stair handrails, dining surfaces, handheld implements etc.
- Items which are likely to be touched frequently by different people are removed from guest areas where possible, but if they need to remain in place, then they will be cleaned and disinfected as a matter of frequent routine.
- Particular attention is made to frequent cleaning in toilets for toilet locks, door handles, taps, toilet seat etc
- When cleaning guest rooms, in addition to our already high standards of cleanliness, we will pay close attention to high-touch items such as room keys, door handles, tv remotes etc. As always, bed linen and laundry are changed after each guest and washed at a high temperature.
- For payments, room / bar tabs are encouraged along with contactless payments. For chip and pin transactions, PDQ machine will be sanitised between transactions.
- Our booking system collects the contact details for the lead person in the group and these details are kept for at least 21 days.
- In line with GDPR regulations, we will keep your records securely, and we will use them only as a means of contacting you if we have to. We will not share your information or keep it unnecessarily beyond your booking.
Bar and Restaurant
Track and trace
We find ourselves in uncharted waters, so we appreciate your patience while we all adapt to the “Norm for the time being”
Jake & Vicky Carpenter